Early in the morning, before sunrise, you will be collected from your hotel and taken to one of our carefully selected launch sites, which will give you the very best views of the thousands of temples and stupas that litter the plains of Bagan. One of our sites is situated on the river bank near Nyaung-Oo U town and the famous Shwezigon pagoda. As you arrive on the site, our dedicated team welcomes you with freshly brewed coffee or tea, croissants and pastries. You will be escorted to your balloon basket where your pilot gives you a thorough safety briefing before commencing to inflate the balloon. Very soon it’s time to climb on board, rise gently into the morning skies, and greet the sunrise. Slowly and magnificently Bagan reveals its secrets. The breathtaking site of stupa after stupa, in their hundreds, appearing through the delicate mist is quite unforgettable. Your pilot uses his skills and the ever changing breezes to navigate close to the most interesting temples. You’ll hear tales such as that of the founder king of Bagan, Anawratha who built the first Buddhist temple, the golden Shwezigon, in 1057 and started the tradition of temple building by his successors, which continued for over 230 years. A balloon flight is the best way to appreciate the entirety of the temple complex and it has been said that on one balloon flight you see far more temples than you would in three whole days from the ground. To the west take in the immensity of the mighty Irrawaddy River with Taungyi Taung perched on the hilltop above, and catch a glimpse of the volcanic Mt. Popa to the east. Local children wave excitedly as you pass overhead and the traditional life style and housing of the friendly and hospitable Myanmar people is revealed. As your flight comes to an end, the pilot guides his craft to a safe landing site, where our crew welcome you once again with helping hands. But the experience isn’t over yet and you are invited to celebrate, with your fellow passengers, as your pilot pops open a bottle of chilled sparkling wine and personally signs your flight certificates. Enjoy your drink with some fresh fruit and spend a few more moments with us, whilst the crew pack away the balloon, and savour this magical landscape before being whisked back to your hotel where you will arrive in good time to enjoy your hotel’s breakfast.
Bagan offers a genuinely new and unique ballooning experience. For the first time in Asia your balloon flight will allow you views to the unspoiled coastline of the Bay of Bengal drifting gently over untouched jungles and hills. With its incredible natural diversity this location offers amazing glimpses of bustling markets with friendly villagers, golden temples and pagodas and the graceful Kissapanadi river which meanders through the old colonial town of Thandwe. Bird watchers will have a good chance of spotting some rare and exotic birds as the balloon drifts low at tree top level over pristine jungle but likewise you will astounded as you rise high above the hills and see the coastline of Ngapali bay with its fishermen and sandy beaches. Bagan offers a truly exclusive and unusual experience. Don’t miss this exceptional opportunity!
Children under the age of 8 years cannot be accepted to fly with Oriental Ballooning, children between 8 and 15 years will only be accepted if accompanied by a responsible adult. All children should be a minimum of 137 cm (4ft 6) tall.
at hotel in bagan
Terms and Conditions – Hot Air Balloon Flights with ORIENTAL BALLOONING
Passengers flying with ORIENTAL BALLOONING are bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
(1) Passengers should wear long-sleeved shirts and long trousers or skirts, preferably made from natural fibres.
(2) Any medical condition such as epilepsy, recent surgery or other condition which can affect your ability to fly or assist the crew must be disclosed to ORIENTAL BALLOONING at the time of booking, and to the pilot on the day of your flight. Pregnant women will not be allowed on flights. ORIENTAL BALLOONING will not be liable for illness or injury due to any undisclosed condition or failure to comply with any reasonable instruction given by the pilot, crew or company representatives.
(3) Any passenger with a body weight in excess of 125kg/280lbs, or any passenger requiring the space of 2 passengers in the balloon basket, is required to pay a 100% surcharge of the ticket price. Failure to provide accurate information in advance may lead to the refusal of flight at the launch site, whereby no refund will be offered.
(4) Children under the age of 8 years are not permitted to fly with ORIENTAL BALLOONING. Children under the age of 16 years must be accompanied by a responsible adult, and only if the child is over 4’6” or 137cm in height.
(5) As the pilot is legally responsible for the safety of all passengers at all times connected with the flight, he or she has the right to refuse passengers for whatsoever reason as to not endanger the flight or other passengers.
(6) Full attention must be paid by passengers to the safety briefing given before the launch of the balloon, and questions should be put to pilot if the briefing is not understood or unclear.
(7) The decision of the pilot of the day is final on all matters, and he or she has full authority over passengers and crew who are to fully comply with his or her instructions or orders.
(8) ORIENTAL BALLOONING expects passengers to give full co-operation and assistance if needed to the pilot and crew in any situation that is deemed reasonable, during pre- and post-flight activities.
(9) ORIENTAL BALLOONING reserves the right to cancel or delay flights, and change rendezvous and launch sites at short notice, to achieve safe and successful flights. The company is not liable for any ensuing loss or inconvenience.
(10) ORIENTAL BALLOONING carries third party and passenger liability for all its balloons.
(11) ORIENTAL BALLOONING accepts no liability for claims arising as a result of an act or default of any other passenger or bystander.
(12) ORIENTAL BALLOONING accepts no liability for loss or damage to persons or property other than that which results from negligence on its own part.
(13) ORIENTAL BALLOONING will not accept liability for loss or damage to personal effects taken on flights.
(14) Flights cancelled by ORIENTAL BALLOONING for safety reasons, inclement or unfavourable weather conditions, or operational difficulties will be refunded in full. All direct payments to ORIENTAL BALLOONING will be refunded in cash either in Bagan, Mandalay, Inle, Ngapali or Yangon. For all bookings made through tour agents, passengers must contact the respective agent to expedite their refunds.
(15) ORIENTAL BALLOONING reserves the right to alter, revise or review any terms, conditions or rates, at its discretion.
(16) No refunds will be given for failure to arrive for a pre-arranged flight.
(17) Receipts, payment vouchers or flight tickets are to be produced on arrival at the launch site.
(18) All passengers and accompanying guides must register in advance at our sales desk at the appropriate ORIENTAL BALLOONING office.